Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New week, new art, new promotional, new offer!

A lot of new things happening this week. I'm kicking off a full-out promotion of character design (probably coming tomorrow), I'm offering a new video feature that I will explain in a minute, and I've got a couple new pieces to show you all! Exciting times.

So first things first, this new video thing is a cheap little DVD where I basically take the time to set up a camera and film myself drawing commissions. I then transfer the videos onto my computer and speed them up until the time is compressed into an 8-10 minute video, and then add a finished photo at the beginning and end of it. Back it up with music, burn it onto a DVD, and the customer has their very own "making of" video. In theory it sounds a little anti-climactic, but I've yet to find a person who doesn't enjoy a good speed drawing video. Well, you can judge for yourselves! Here's the first video:



I have a new one of a show jumper coming up in a couple of days. It takes a while for the videos to convert and load, so it probably will be a 2-day wait period after the completion of the commission to get the videos done.

All depending on how well my computer performs!

The other thing that I mentioned was character design. I've been pushing into some different areas of my knowledge and learning more about concepts and designs by working with a handful of authors and script writers in order to recreate characters, concepts, and other things in relation to characters. It's been a useful tool for myself and the authors to help them visualize and help me expand my horizons. Watch for that promotion coming soon.

Last but not least, here's what I've been working on since I last posted:



The first is an original of my friend's showjumper horse, and the second is the one you saw in the video! 

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment